Fertilizer Guide – N-Power Blue in Corn 2020-2021
The N-Power Blue offers Nitrogen-Sulfur-Boron Ratio
A unique, synergistic, compensates, less volatile and complementary composition.
For optimal yields, plants need boron and nitrogen. Boron is an important nutrient, as it is involved in cell division, flower development (pollen viability), synthesis of sugars and proteins and use of water and nitrogen. Therefore, the synergy of these two nutrients makes a difference.
A unique composition
It supplies boron, which is lacking in soil
- The amount of boron is generally low.
- Boron needs water to penetrate into the roots, but too much water can leach it away.
- Boron has little mobility in plants.
- Input must be consistent to ensure distribution throughout the plant, especially to ears.
A less volatile composition
The N-POWER BLUE is a unique formula which greatly reduces the risk of nitrogen volatilization. It does not contain any additives that delay nitrogen availability, and it achieves higher yields than the UAN 32% treated with a urease inhibitor (NBPT).
The UAN 32% has a high pH and when applied to soil in contact with residues and organic matter, before or after light rain, a significant amount of nitrogen is likely to volatilize and evaporate into the atmosphere.
A complementary composition. Why sulfur and nitrogen are essential ?
- Sulfur is needed to metabolize nitrogen in plants. In other words, the absence of sulfur can cause nitrogen deficiency.
- To take full advantage of this synergy, nitrogen and sulfur must be applied at the same time and at the root level in the soil solution surrounding the root hair.
- N-POWER BLUE provides this synchronized nitrogen-sulfur availability directly to the right place, in the right amount, where the need is greatest.